Hoover LiNX Cordless Vacuum Review
I am passionate about making my life as easy as possible. I’m not talking about taking the easy way or cutting corners, I’m talking about finding solutions for my life that make my life simpler and leave me more time for the things that matter…you know, for things like naps and snuggling with the kids.
This week I’m talking about our vacuum. Our home has hardwood floors, rugs, and carpet. I have three small boys who make lots of messes so I sweep and vacuum daily. I bought the Hoover LiNX Cordless Vacuum (this is an affiliate link, which means if you click and buy this product I will get a small *super small* percent from good old amazon) a few years ago when we lived in a two story home. I was tired of lugging my big old vacuum up and down the stairs. Then we moved into our current home (after a 10 month stint of living with my parents.) I used it for a few months but was unhappy because I didn’t feel like it was really cleaning our carpet. I sold it and bought a big vacuum, thinking this would solve my problems. And it did, for a short while. I was able to give our rugs a good clean and I swept the hardwood floors. A few years passed and I tell you I was sooooo tired of sweeping. Continuous sweeping was going to be the death of me. So I decided to give the LiNX another try. I loved it right away. I had my big vacuum for the bedrooms, the broom for the yucky messes and the Hoover for the hardwood and low pile rugs. I’ve had it for a few months now and it is a dream. Is it perfect? No. But it meets most of my needs.
I’m going to dig a little deeper and nitpick the Hoover LiNX Cordless Vacuum. Here are the “Yeas and the Nays.”
- Small. Doesn’t take up too much space which is very important for me and my little house.
- Great on hardwood floors.
- Works great on both hard surfaces and low pile rugs.
- Fantastic suction. Picks up almost all dirt and small items.
- Two settings, one for rugs and one for hard surfaces. The two settings are “Suction + Brush Roll” and “Suction Only.”
- Easy to empty and clean.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Price. I paid under $100.00.
- And the biggest yea of them all….it’s cordless! No annoying and limiting cords.
- The battery life is only about 20 minutes. Ideally it would be longer but it is what it is. The first time I owned it, I had to buy another battery because it stopped holding a charge. The battery was about $50…ouch.
- Not for large items (animal crackers, big pieces of food…) I have to use the broom for yucky, sticky food (toddler dinner messes) and large messes.
- Not good on high or medium pile rugs or carpet. I’ve compared what I can pick up on our medium pile carpet with my big vacuum and what I can pick up with this and there’s a BIG difference. This is something to think about if you have medium/high pile carpet or rugs.
All in all, I give this vacuum a “YEA.” I would recommend it and I have in the past. Is it perfect? Nope. But it does the trick. I’m sure there are better cordless stick vacuums out there but at this price point, I don’t think it can be beat.
Thanks for reading this segment of “Yea or Nay.”
I hope you have a great day!